Photo of an assembled SCC3 kit.
SCC3 wiring diagram
SCC3 - 12 Volt 20 Amp Solar Charge Controller Kit
The SCC3 kit is the heart of a 12 Volt solar power system,
it regulates the charging of batteries from photovoltaic (PV) solar panels.
A charge controller is an essential part of any solar power system.
A 12 Volt solar power system can provide power to a wide variety of devices
such as lighting systems, Ham and CB radios, car stereos, cell phone chargers,
laptop computers, televisions, recording equipment, fans, water pumps and
other 12V DC loads.
With the addition of a DC to AC inverter, the DC power can be converted to
120 Volts AC for running many household electronic devices.
The SCC3 is suitable for stationary and portable solar power systems.
It is an excellent choice for emergency backup and stand-alone building
The SCC3 is also perfect for recreational vehicle solar power systems.
Combine the SCC3 with a solar panel and rechargeable battery for a reliable
source of DC power that's available, even when the power company is not.
Controls and indicators include
a battery float voltage adjustment, a battery equalize (overcharge) switch
and a red/green Charge/Float LED.
SCC3 specifications for details on the kit's capabilities.
The SCC3 Photo Gallery
shows some real-world uses of the SCC3.
The SCC3 kit makes a great student project, it can be used as the
foundation for many solar powered projects.
The efficient design is suitable for charging large banks of lead acid
batteries or small packs of rechargeable cells.
The kit includes:
- A high quality double sided, silk screened circuit board.
- All of the parts required for building the board.
- A schematic and wiring diagram.
- Easy step-by-step assembly, alignment and usage instructions.
Batteries, solar panels, and solder are not included with this kit.
Kit Prices and Shipping
- SCC3 kit: $44.95
- Discounts are available for orders of 10 or more kits.
- U.S. addresses, First Class Mail shipping and handling: $5.00 per kit, add $1.00 each for additional kits.
- U.S. addresses, Priority Mail shipping and handling: $10.00 per kit, add $2.00 each for additional kits.
- Overseas, Canada and South/Central America addresses, Shipping and Handling: $12.00 for 1 kit, add $2.00 each for additional kits.
- Send email for a quote on multiple kit types, please use the address at the bottom of this page.
- Credit cards (click the PayPal buttons below).
- Mail a postal money order from a U.S. bank such as American Express, Wells Fargo or Western Union.
- Mail a check made out to CirKits.com (U.S. customers only).
- Wire transfers only accepted for orders over $500, $35 fee applies.
- Sorry, NO COD.
Taxes (Colorado Residents)
Customers who live in Colorado should add 4.8% tax to the total price of the merchandise
($2.40 per SCC3 kit).
Payment by Credit Card
(Click on the PayPal buttons)
SCC3 U.S. Mail, First Class
SCC3 U.S. Mail, Priority
SCC3 U.S. Mail, First Class (Colorado Customers)
SCC3 U.S. Mail, Priority (Colorado Customers)
SCC3 Outside of U.S. / Overseas Orders
Payment by Mail
If you would like to mail your payment, total the
price of the kit or kits
with the desired form of shipping and tax if you live in Colorado.
Include the address to ship to and an email address if you would
like shipping confirmation.
Send checks or postal money orders to:
P.O. Box 3500
Boulder, CO 80307-3500
Your order will be processed and mailed when the payment has been received.
This is a de-spammed email address, you need to type it in.