Photo of an assembled LVD1 kit (IC sockets not included).
LVD1 wiring diagram
LVD1 - 12 Volt 15 Amp Low Voltage Disconnect Kit
The LVD1 kit is used for automatically controlling the power to 12V
solar-powered battery-operated electronic devices.
It shuts down power when the battery voltage drops to a selected
voltage, protecting the battery from damaging excessive discharge conditions.
Power is either automatically or manually reconnected at a selected
voltage when the battery is recharged.
An adjustable low-voltage indicator warns of the impending power outage.
The low-voltage signal is externally available, allowing computers to monitor
the condition and perform a graceful shutdown.
The low-voltage signal can also be used for triggering a variety of low-voltage
The LVD1 has an on-board On/Off switch and an on-board Auto-on/Manual-on
switch for both unattended and attended operation.
It can control a 12V load of up to 15 Amps.
The LVD1 is perfect for controlling solar-powered computer systems,
radio repeaters and WiFi systems.
With a simple extension circuit the LVD1 output logic can be inverted,
allowing it to be used for automatically starting generators and AC-operated
An external source of 12V DC power is required, suitable power sources include
a solar-charged battery or an automotive/marine electrical power system.
The LVD1 is designed to operate in conjunction with the CirKits
SCC3 solar charge controller,
a 12V rechargeable battery and a photovoltaic (PV) panel.
Controls include an on-board Off/On switch and on-board Auto-on/Manual-on
Indicators include a red Load-on LED, an amber Low Voltage Detection LED
and two green Calibration LEDs which can be jumper-disabled for saving power.
LVD1 specifications for details on the kit's capabilities.
The kit includes:
- A high quality double sided, silk screened circuit board.
- All of the parts required for building the board.
- A schematic and wiring diagram.
- Easy step-by-step assembly, alignment and usage instructions.
Solder is not included with this kit.
Kit Prices and Shipping
- LVD1 kit: $44.95
- Discounts are available for orders of 10 or more kits.
- U.S. addresses, First Class Mail shipping and handling: $5.00 per kit, add $1.00 each for additional kits.
- U.S. addresses, Priority Mail shipping and handling: $10.00 per kit, add $2.00 each for additional kits.
- Overseas, Canada and South/Central America addresses, Shipping and Handling: $13.00 for 1 kit, add $2.00 each for additional kits.
- Send email for a quote on multiple kit types, please use the address at the bottom of this page.
- Credit cards (click the PayPal buttons below).
- Mail a postal money order from a U.S. bank such as American Express, Wells Fargo or Western Union.
- Mail a check made out to CirKits.com (U.S. customers only).
- Wire transfers only accepted for orders over $500, $35 fee applies.
- Sorry, NO COD.
Taxes (Colorado Residents)
Customers who live in Colorado should add $2.16 tax per kit to the total price of the merchandise.
Payment by PayPal / Credit Card
(Click on the PayPal buttons)
LVD1 U.S. Mail, First Class
LVD1 U.S. Mail, Priority
LVD1 U.S. Mail, First Class (Colorado Customers)
LVD1 U.S. Mail, Priority (Colorado Customers)
LVD1 Outside of U.S. / Overseas Orders
Payment by Mail
If you would like to mail your payment, total the
price of the kit or kits
with the desired form of shipping and tax if you live in Colorado.
Include the address to ship to and an email address if you would
like shipping confirmation.
Send checks or postal money orders to:
P.O. Box 3500
Boulder, CO 80307-3500
Your order will be processed and mailed when the payment has been received.
This is a de-spammed email address, you need to type it in.